WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored by the computer when a user visits a website. The text stores information that the site is able to read in the moment in which it is seen later. Some of these cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the site, while others are useful to the visitor because they can safely store such as your user name or the language settings. The advantage of having the cookies installed in your pc is that you no longer need to fill out the same information every time you want to access a website visited previously.
HOW CAN I DISABLE COOKIES?
You can modify the settings of your browser to turn off cookies through a very simple procedure. Attention: disabling cookies, username and password will no longer be stored on the website login box.
1. Open Firefox
2. Click on “Alt” button on your keyboard
3. On the toolbar, located in the upper part of your browser, select “Tools” and then “Options”
4. Select “Privacy”
5. Go on “Chronology Settings:” and then on “Use custom settings”. Uncheck “Accept cookies from websites” and save.
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click on “Instruments” and then on “Internet Options”
3. Select “Privacy” e move the slider to the level of privacy that you want to set ( upward to block all cookies or downward to allow it all)
4. Click on OK
1. Open Google Chrome
2. Click on “Instruments”
3. Select “Settings” and then “Advanced Settings”
4. Select “Content Settings” under the voice “Privacy”
5. In “Cookies” in possible to disable Cookies and save.
1. Open Safari
2. Choose “Preferences” in the Toolbar, then select “Security” panel in the following dialog box
3. In the section “Accept cookies”, you can specify if and when Safari should save cookies from websites. For any further information click on HELP (Denoted by a question mark). 4. For more information about cookies that are stored on your computer, click on "Show Cookies".